As the Queenston Community Round-table we agree to the following guiding principles.
- Create a safe, healthy and open space for dialogue, creating a go-to-group for community guidance and direction.
- Agree to equity and equality for all participants.
- Be respectful
- Everyone has the right to be heard
- We all process things differently
- There is no right or wrong vocabulary to be used.
- Always assume the best intentions
- Be open minded
- Accept each other’s differences
- Be aware of our own biases and privilege
- When addressing a person, speak to the comment/topic, not the person directly
- Accept creative criticism
- Focus on the assets in the community, not the gaps
- Focus and commit to goals and outcomes
- Listen more than you talk
- Be curious
- Commit to two-way communication with the community